3 months ago I made contact with Scuf the manufacturers of the controllers used by most pro ps4 and Xbox One players. My task was simple I wanted to know if their controllers they offer can make me a better player at Fortnite. I watched reviews on Scuf controllers online and either found the reviewer slating the product without explaining the issues or worse still the reviewer was partnered with Scuf, leading me to distrust them even though they were endorsing a product they believed in whole heartedly.
Scuf kindly sent an impact controller in bright pink… because I have an unhealthy obsession with that colour but more importantly they have given me free reign in my review and not attempted to contact me during the review process. So please let me state once and for all I am not sponsored by SCUF, all opinions are my own.
After 3 months of use, The plan is to go through the great things the scuff impact offers before looking at a few issues to consider, so With that out of the way… lets do this.
1. Why use a pro controller? Here’s the basics
2. Jump and aim simultaneously Never loose control
3. Building advantage – I’m still learning btw
4. Remapping buttons – Shoot with a back paddle? Go for it
5. Hair-trigger – Snipe instantly
6. Thumbsticks- Customize everything
7. Things to consider – Cost Not cheap
8. Potential problems – Will everything work?
9. Unresponsive or slight delay? Maybe it Needs a clean?
10. Form factor – PS4 or Xbox shapes
11. So, is it worth it? Only you can decide