Darksiders Warmastered Edition at MAX Settings with Steam Play Proton (3.16-4), the Linux compatibility layer from Valve.
= + GOOD =
Without recording the game runs at 100-120 FPS.
The Xbox controller is working perfectly ( I had problems with button mapping in previous attemps in wine)
= – BAD =
Sole little problem : Cinematic Videos don’t play !
Previous Darksiders video with DXVK : https://youtu.be/xHwU_nu0T4w
[as usual: Frames are lost during recording]
Making these videos is time consuming .. so like always… if you find this video helpful – LSS – Like Share and Subscribe – or make a good social media post about it =) .. Thank you! I need more subscribers/views 🙂
If you want to help, I get more Google love if you look at the whole video and not just for 50 seconds 🙂
TABLE OF CONTENT
– Twilight cathedral 0:05
– Inside cathedral 0:27
– Mid boss the Jailer 1:28
gory kill = 2:48
– End level Boss Tiamat 3:23
– End screens 6:39
CHANNEL PAGE (#linuxgamingalchemy)
– steam play Proton tests: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8hGtdf0CdNLah_qB28gPDlDxTRYBtYW3
– Overwatch DxVk tests: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8hGtdf0CdNK9_f02vIiBiubtgNbZbUqM
– Witcher 3 DxVk tests: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8hGtdf0CdNJUDWqs4e2FaWgEH62ASiiS
– DxVk various tests: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8hGtdf0CdNJq9q0FuuVUrALKOuBSzI_6
Darksiders – MAX settings – Steam Play Proton 3.16.4
OS: Kubuntu 18.10 – kernel 4.18.0-10 – 64 bits
CPU: I5-3570k OC 4.1GHz
GPU: NVIDIA Gtx 970 – driver: 396.54.09
Game: MAX Settings
CPU: Scaling governor set to PERFORMANCE (Intel)
Rendered in 1920×1080 (100%).
Recorded with SimpleScreenRecorder at 1080p 60fps.
Edited with Kdenlive.
PROTON PREREQUISITES (drivers)
Proton: compatibility layer [d3d 10-11-12 to Vulkan or OpenGl]
[*] The Proton compatibility layer uses technologies developed for wine. Proton, the tool that Steam Play uses to provide Windows compatibility, contains a custom version of Wine as well as additional libraries developed alongside it.
And you already support Valve by buying games on Steam :D.
1. All games bought on steam and played on Linux client (including using the proton compatibility layer) count as a Linux purchase !.
2. Also support companies that ports games to Linux directly by buying “real” native ports !.
PS: All trademarks cited here or used in the video are the property of their respective owners.